Do you like to……
- Remove sufferings of mankind?
- Innovate something of your own?
- Be recognized as an inventor of great products and services?
- Receive royalty cheques in your name?
- Be identified as a person with great impact?
This entrepreneurial scientist is an academic person who develops products and services for society. The entrepreneurial scientist develops technology for established firms or commercialize though own start up. How these kind scientists can be developed particularly in developing countries like Pakistan is a very pertinent question. This workshop answers to this question through a rigorous training program. This workshop course presents inspiring cases of entrepreneurial scientists. These are the scientists who contributed academically and also developed products for the market.
The course is based on 3-4 years of extencive research which is widely accepted and appreciated. The study is accepted for presentation in Intr. Conference and click here for Conference Letter
- To share basics skills and personality features of entrepreneurial scientist
- To share how entrepreneurial scientist serve both science and society
- To inspire the participants with case studies of entrepreneurial scientists
- To develop skills of entrepreneurial scientist in the participants
Why to Attend the Module?
The module is based on continuous research by authors about entrepreneurial scientists of the universities. Around 300 cases are studied of various fields and in different regions. These cases are about social and economic impact originated from the academia. The technological impact of academia is observed in various forms as:
- Professors patenting and licensing out technologies
- Professors creating new businesses based on innovative technologies
- Students venturing based on new ideas and technologies
- General people building new business based on ideas
- Researchers of R&D institutions solving problems
The current focus of this module is to share how professors perceive problems, build technologies, commercialize these solutions and register a great deal of impact in human life.
Who should Attend?
- PhD and MS students
- Scientists of the universities
- R&D managers and planners
- ORIC Staff
- Technology officers
- R&D persons of Industry and R&D organizations
If you are in the university and intend to make a real impact, the workshop is designed for you
Pre Workshop Resource Material
- Resource File for Pre Workshop Learning
- Form for Self Assessment for Entrepreneurial Scientist
- Reading Article 01
- Reading Article 02
The course is very practical and based on practical exposure of resource persons. The course includes:
- Conceptual presentation
- Case studies
- Quizzes and exercises
- Group discussions
- Presentations by participants
Model Case Studies
Dr. Markhand as Entrepreneurial Scientist will present his case of reviving date palm industry for rural population of Sindh Pakistan
He did PhD from Institute of Grassland and Environmental Research (IGER), Aberystwyth, UK. He also did Post Doctorate from University of Reading, UK in the field of Biotechnology. He has a habit to see dreams and that continued during his stay and education in advanced world. He kept thinking how rural community of his land can improve their livelihood. He always dreamed to do something productive for the rural part of Sindh and Pakistan. Read more
Dr. Waheed Noor as Entrepreneurial Scientist will present his case of serving society in the field of information technology
He joined University of Balochistan as lecturer in computer science and completed his PhD in machine learning from Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand. He got his applied way of working in early career and continued it after becoming head of computer science department and faculty member. Dr. Waheed developed a habit of market liaisons and interaction to hunt the opportunities. He started interacting with various organizations, building trust with them, showing the capabilities and inspiring them to trust him and his team for IT solutions. Read more
What will Participants Get?
- Certificate of participation
- Resource material
- Learning on how to combine applied research with academic career
- Exposure to real life of entrepreneurial scientists
- Orientation about what makes an entrepreneurial scientist
- Personal assessment about being an entrepreneurial scientist
Request a Free Demo
Free demo of 30 minutes is designed for institutions like to nominate their members for participation. Email to email@example.com
How Entrepreneurial Science Works?
Contact: Mr. Yasir Ammar – firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn from the Practitioners
The resource persons are the academicians and practitioner of entrepreneurial science. They are actually involved in the process of technology transfer, industry linkages, technology management, patenting and assisting academia professors to do impact making science.
Table of Contents- Day 01
- Welcome by Host
- About the Workshop- The Study of Entrepreneurial Scientists
- Address by Guest of Honor
The workshop is based on extensive research done over the last five years on entrepreneurial scientists. More than 300 technology cases have been studied including scientists, students and general entrepreneurs. The cases of academic scientists are presented in this workshop.
Technical Session 01- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurial Scientists
- Entrepreneurial Scientists-Serving Science and Society
- Study Design for Entrepreneurial Science
We the resource persons as practitioners of technology management face myth of duality between science and technology. The professors claim of having only one track of theoretical research and publications. This workshop presents a perspective of hybrid scientists who pursue for academic excellence and positively impact the human life through new products and services. This section will debate on hybrid role of scientists.
Technical Session 02- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurial Scientists
- Environment for Entrepreneurial Scientists
- Growth Path of Entrepreneurial Scientists
- Role of Society in Developing Entrepreneurial Scientists – Academia, Industry and Govt.
- Social Bottlenecks for Entrepreneurial Scientists
There is great deal of literature talks about Entrepreneurial Scientists. The studies report how these phenomena emerged and continuously growing. This section presents the literary findings, historical perspective and general discussion made in published research about Entrepreneurial Scientists.
Technical Session 03- Case Studies of Entrepreneurial Scientists
- Stories of Entrepreneurial Scientists
- Economic Impact of Entrepreneurial Scientists
- Scholarly Impact of Entrepreneurial Scientists
This section shares selected cases of academic scientists who publish in academic journals, supervise students, win funding and develop solutions to human problems. The plan their dual career and moves between theoretical world and fields of practices. They envision problems and advance knowledge to solve them.
Table of Contents- Day 02
Technical Session 4- Pathways to Entrepreneurial Science
- Work Approach by Entrepreneurial Scientists
- Common Factors in Entrepreneurial Scientists
- Driving Factors for Entrepreneurial Scientists
- How to Develop Culture of Entrepreneurial Science
This section draws conclusion and generate discussion based on presented cased in previous session. The participants are invited to talk about cases, find insights, relate to their own environment and conclude some actions for their own environment. The session also includes group discussion, videos and activity.
Technical Session 5- Assessment of Entrepreneurial Scientists
- Personality Framework for Entrepreneurial Scientists
- Assessment Tool for Entrepreneurial Scientists
- Presentations by Participants
This section is based on assessment activity. Participants are briefed about assessment methodology and invited in groups to rate about ability for entrepreneurial science. The assessment is flexible and can be about scientists and institutions or both. The participants are requested to make thorough discussion and present the findings.
- Certificate Distribution
- Address by Guest of Honor
- Dr. Rashida R Zohra, Assistant Professor, Deputy Director ORIC, Jinnah University for Women
- Muqaddas Tariq, R&D Advisor, Institute of Research Promotion
- Rahmat Ullah, Chief Coordinator IRP , Manager ORIC, UMT and General Secretary, South Asia Triple Helix Association