- Name: Dr. Waheed Noor
- Born: Paksitan
- Nationality: Pakistani
- Institutional Affiliation: Assistant Professor,
University of Balochistan
- Alma Mater: PhD. from Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand
Dr. Waheed Noor joined University of Balochistan as a lecturer in computer science and completed his Ph.D. in machine learning from Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand. He saw his university troubled in multiple crises which could be partially solved through process automation. UoB could not afford billions for process automation of the largest institution of the province which was already crippled with financial crises. He decided to help UoB and initiated in-house development of many software applications.
Research and Development
The opportunity of serving as department head enabled Dr. Waheed to exercise his entrepreneurial capabilities. Dr. Waheed and his team developed an excellent local system of distance education. This system integrates teachers, students and university management for a number of educational activities. They won the project of developing internal examination system for the University of Baluchistan. This system saved millions in cost and also saved billions by preventing corruption done through the conventional system. His team is working on a system to integrate all the matters of students including hostels. This project will automate all the matters of students and things will be recorded, tracked, updated and accessed within a short time.
Dr. Waheed won FAO project worth 0.85 million and delivered it successfully. He delivered on 60%-70% cost of the market-saving lot of money for FAO. Dr. Waheed is working with a number of other organizations for short and long-term projects.
He saved minimum 15 million of UoB through in-house development. In-house development has been providing IT services to Public and Private sectors and contributing to Revenue generation.
- Currently serving as Assistant Professor at Department of Computer Science, University of Balochistan, Quetta, Pakistan
- He has an additional charge of Director, Office of the Research, Innovation & Commercialization (ORIC) and Directorate of Distance Education, University of Balochistan.
- Obtained Ph.D. from Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, in 2013 in “Learning Predictive Models for Optimization”, Computer science.
- He is an approved HEC supervisor, technical reviewer of IEEE journals and has published in impact factor journals.