USING SPSS FOR QUANTITATIVE DATA ANALYSIS
(Quantitative Techniques for Analysis and Hands on Practice through SPSS)
Saturday-May 12, 2012 from 09:30AM to 05:30PM
At University of Management & Technology, Lahore-Pakistan
Click Here for Registration
The researchers today not only need to develop skills in carrying out community based researches but also develop skills in analyzing and managing data acquired through the hectic process. The acquired data should be used during the life of project for the purpose of planning, reporting and monitoring of performance. The IRP’s “Centre for Training & Development” in collaboration with University of Management & Technology is organizing a one-day training workshop on May 12, 2012 at UMT, Lahore.
Proficiency with statistical software packages is indispensable today for serious research in the sciences. SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) is one of the most widely available and powerful statistical software packages. It covers a broad range of statistical procedures that allow researcher to summarize data (e.g., compute means and standard deviations), determine whether there are significant differences between groups (e.g., t-tests, analysis of variance), examine relationships among variables (e.g., correlation, multiple regression), and graph results (e.g., bar charts, line graphs).
The workshop focuses on basic uses of SPSS including descriptive and inferential analysis.
Mr. Muhammad Rashid has more than nine years of teaching, training and research experience having a competitive edge in data analysis. He is currently working as Statistical Data Analyst/ Trainer with Institute of Research Promotion. He is also working as visiting faculty member at University of Management and Technology (UMT) and Beaconhouse National University (BNU). He has been Assistant Professor at IQRA University Lahore campus.
He had been a research executive in ACNielsen Pakistan where he successfully completed several research projects of national and international organizations. He was involved in marketing surveys and academic research reports. He has conducted different trainings with IQRA University, Informatics and IRP.
Along with Business and Management Science knowledge, he has deep knowledge of Computer Science. Having two master degrees (Statistics and Computer Science), urge to learn more and more, craze of research and development and having good communication, analytical and reporting skills makes him very distinctive professional.
The research related activities are growing in both academic and commercial settings. In academia, rapidly growing rate of faculty members are entering into research field and enrolment of PhD. and M.Phil in research related discipline has dramatically increased. In industry, the marketing research business is expanding and research centers are established in many business firms, which make valued addition in overall research pool. The scenario raises the need of a training workshop, which could enhance researcher’s skills of doing research in any of the discipline. The data analysis by using different techniques is the skill needed by all researchers of academia, public and corporate sector.
This workshop is designed to equip the researchers with application skills of quantitative analysis methods by using SPSS. The participants will have the in-depth understanding of quantitative techniques for analysis, real life applications, computation through SPSS, interpretation of these tools for problem solving and giving facts-based decisions in business and social life. The workshop will serve the following learning objectives:
- What are the fundamental techniques in quantitative analysis?
- What is the conceptual understanding of different quantitative techniques?
- What is the application of quantitative techniques in different business settings?
- How to manage data on SPSS?
- How to apply quantitative techniques using SPSS?
- How to interpret the results generated by SPSS?
- Mastering the use of SPSS by practice?
- In depth understanding of basic and advanced quantitative techniques
- Managing data and doing analysis on SPSS
- Application and interpretation of quantitative techniques for business decisions
- Current and high quality resource material on the subject
- Training from a statistics specialist and SPSS expert
- Learning assistance from qualified research executives during the session
- Networking with experts
- Post-workshop consulting
- Continues learning on the subject
- Workshop certificate
- Participants must bring their own laptop for hands on practice of the software
- Participants should know about quantitative research and type of data but not compulsory
- Participants may send their data sets for model analysis in the workshop.
- Faculty members of universities
- Students of PhD/M.Phil and Masters/Graduation
- Research executives/associates of business firms
- Research executives/associates of public sector departments
- Research executives/associates of marketing research firms
- Researchers of R&D organizations and research centers/institutions
Detailed Contents of the Workshop
|Module 1: Introduction to SPSS
|Module 2: Concept of Meta-Data
|Module 3: Modifying Data Values
|Module 4: Summary Data for Individual Variables
|Module 5: Cross tabulation
||Module 6: Testing Means of population
- Rs. 3500/Participant
- Rs.3000/Participant for 3 or more nominations
Last date for payment is May 07, 2012 while your space will be reserved after payment confirmation. The fees includes: costs of resource material + certificates and stationary + lunch and 2 teas etc.
Mode of Payment:
o Please post crossed cheque/draft in favour of “Institute of Research Promotion” at the address: Suit No. 11, 7th Floor, Central Plaza, Barkat Market, Garden Town, Lahore-Pakistan” or
o Online transfer in “A/C 01300060007894, Faisal Bank, Garden Town Branch, Lahore-Pakistan”.
M. Zeeshan Sheikh
Centre for Training & Development
Institute of Research Promotion